6.07.2010

the farm chicks show

Another great year at The Farm Chicks Show! I felt like I was better prepared this year, knowing what to expect when I walked through the door. Last year I was completely overwhelmed by all of the beautiful displays and the amount of crafty goodness! This year, my friend and I decided that we would just take it all in, not get stressed out and know that we would leave there with the things God would want us to have to enjoy in our homes. That took a huge weight off my mind. Last year I felt like I was in a race with the other shoppers to see who could find all the cutest stuff first.

This year I went at a much slower pace and spent lots of time browsing in the booths. The vendors put lots of time and effort into planning their booths. Many were works of art! This year I was able to appreciate the beauty of the booths themselves, not just the items for sale inside of them.

Here are the things I purchased this year...

Last year I was on the look-out for a red tray that I could convert into a magnet board for my kitchen. I found these two polka dot t.v. trays at this friend's booth, along with these old milk bottle cap magnets. My husband is going to hang both of them on the wall next to our computer in the kitchen. I can't wait!

I also found these adorable vintage paper dolls. I plan to make magnets with them.

These vintage flashcards were too cute to pass up!

I also found this "Great Grandma necklace." Made of plastic beads, it reminds me of something from my Great Grandma's jewelry box.

Here's a sweet surprise from this friend...she knew I loved this pillow and bought it for me when I was wasn't watching. My girls have been playing with it all weekend.

And of course I was completely giddy when Serena said hello to me!!! I guess she remembered me from last year's cookbook signing--probably because I made a fool of myself with my expert-giddiness. :)

17 comments:

Kim G. said...

I have milk bottle cap magnets too! Sure wish I could have made it up there this year, as it was I was sick so it was for the best. Such a beautiful show! XO!

Amanda said...

Your finds are delightful! Sounds like a wonderful day...

vintage girl at heart said...

Perfect sweet goodies.
The Farm Chicks Show is on my bucket list...maybe next time...
Have a wonderful week!

ness said...

great finds jenny! i am glad you had a good time! i have a laminator if you want to laminate your flash cards and paper dolls!

Andi Mae said...

I love you, my sweet shopping buddy! I had so much fun hanging out with you on Saturday! And I love everything you picked up! Wishing I had taken the time to look at those flash cards- my heavy globe was too distracting :)
xo

Angie said...

Looks like you had fun. Where was your friends booth? I went to her blog and am loving it. Her mock booth was adorable! What a cute pic you you and Serena. ;)

swell.life said...

your blog is so familiar--i know i've been here before and now i can put a face to the name!!

love all of your farm chicks finds.

oh man, so jealous that you got a pic w/ serena. :)

Diane said...

Sweet finds! I'm a sucker for vintage paper dolls... and that gorgeous necklace. It's an excellent color for you. Cute!

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

I just remembered that I have vintage coasters that look a lot like these magnets.

You've given me a great idea! Why keep them in their box - you know, I'll NEVER use them as they're intended. Why not make them into magnets? I need a fridge re-do anyway. VERY SERIOUSLY... my fridge magnets are currently the literal magnets that come with and off of your phone book. It's bad.

java girl said...

What wonderful finds! I love the idea of using the trays for a magnet board! I would never have thought of that but I love it! And I think I might just have to snag that idea and use it!!

You are always full of fun vintage inspiration!

Becca said...

It was so nice meeting you! Your blog is adorable! I love your blog banner. I just love all of your finds, the blue necklace and those vintage cards are so great!

American Homemaker said...

Such fun finds!

♥ Carrie Shan said...

I love the stuff you found....so perfect. Makes me even more sad that I didn't get to go.
I just found something and thought of you. Check it out.
http://shop.maryengelbreit.com/p-1327-paper-doll-gracie-4th-of-july.aspx

Home's Where My Heart Is said...

Hi Jenny, you found some great treasures! I went to the show and had a wonderful time. I had never gone before and I'm already looking forward to next year. Hopefully you saw the flyers about the Vintage Barn and Mad Hatter shows coming up in July and October?

Love your blog, I'm going to sign up and follow :)

Hope you're having a blessed day,

Erin
http://homeswheremyheartis.blogspot.com

Maddie said...

What a fun day! Your delightful creativity is inspiring :)

Chantel Monet said...

I'm really puzzled as to how I haven't met you yet! Loving your vintage taste so much! I'm glad you discovered so many lovely finds at Farmchicks!

Chantel

cranny + b said...

oh how fun!
so cool that she remembered you! so great!
and, love your finds;-)