11.10.2008

Making My Home a Haven

I've decided to join Monica from The Homespun Heart in tidying up areas of my home to make it a haven for my family. Her challenge this week: Making Your Home a Haven. For me, a haven suggests peace and quiet, but I have four very young children, ages 3, 3, 4 and 5. One way I'm able to have peace in my home is by keeping their little hands busy.

Take a peek into my craft cabinet! This is ever so humbling for me. It's quite obvious that I just stuff things back into this cabinet when I'm through with them. My goal today is start organizing the mess this afternoon.

*edit* If you've arrived here from The Homespun Heart, please click here to see the final results!

7 comments:

Christian said...

Craft clutter, oh bother...

Delighted Mom said...

It looks like you guys do a lot of fun stuff with all the craft things! Good luck organizing!

Rebekah said...

Sounds like fun! I love to get a hold of a closet or drawer and organize it. Right now I have my eyes set on my fridge. It's in desperate need of a good cleaning. I know that when things are tidy and neat in my home, I feel so much more peaceful and serene. It has a wonderful effect on my hubbie too, so we both work at it together.

The Butterfly Catcher said...

I'm traveling some rabbit trails today, and I came across your blog! What a blessing! It seems that you and I have a lot in common (i.e., former teachers turned homeschool moms; love for all things Elisabeth Eliot and Laura Ingalls Wilder, Starbucks, and closets full of clutter:0)

I'll definitely be back to visit often!!

In His Love,
Tammy

*BTW, As far as Austen heroines go, I'm Elinor Dashwood!!

Diane said...

Just when I tackle one space like this, another pops up! How do they do that?!

~nanashouse~ said...

Now that my closet is redone I'll hop right on over and do yours :-)

Stephanie said...

A craft closet! That sounds so fun. We do not have any extra closet space so all my craft stuff is in rubbermaid bins. Makes it a little tough, but that is ok. I can't wait to see your progress!