11.02.2011

the girls' room

I've been trying to find time to use the Internet since we've moved out of the hotel and into our house. Yesterday I found a few minutes but I couldn't get the pictures off of my camera. I have so many pictures to share, but for now I'll just post these two...a before and after picture of the girls' room.

We've had so much fun in their room! The color we chose was a soft pink called ballet slippers. We still need to paint the trim and the closet door white. The girls and I have been reading a story-a-day from a fairy tale book and yesterday we read The Elves and the Shoemaker. I told them that our house was built in 1925 for the shoemaker here in town. We tried to imagine where his little elves might have hidden. Gracie picked the attic, and Lily picked the chimney. :)

2 comments:

~nanashouse~ said...

Thank you oh thank you! It was so good to talk to you (and Lily) this morning.

emyann said...

There is nothing more special than growing up with a sister. I am so lucky to have grown up with you and Liz. I know they have many years of make-believe and laughter ahead of them.