4.18.2009

sing over me

"The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."
-Zephaniah 3:17

My mom gave me this CD three years ago, right around the time my twin daughters were born. I loved its soft, gentle lullabies and worship songs.

There are no more babies to rock to sleep here in our home, but I still find myself listening to this album over and over again. It reminds me of a very special time in my life. Right after my girls were born, my husband was in a terrible accident at work, which ended his career as a firefighter. At times things seemed very dark, but as I sang these songs and rocked my girls, God, my Heavenly Father, was singing over me, calming my restless spirit as I tried to calm my restless babies.

He will quiet you with His love...

What a sweet time that was, and oh, the lessons I learned!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Oh, what sweet memories! What an awesome God we have! I just love your blog. It is very inspirational to me. I will be checking out this cd. Thanks!

Jessica said...

I have a homemade mixed cd that my husband made for me while I was on bedrest in the hospital for three weeks before our first born entered this world 6 weeks early. I listened to those songs over and over and just prayed that we would both be ok. Now I listen to those songs and just bawl and thank God that we made it. I hold that time close to my heart. Thanks for sharing your cd. I will definitely check it out!!

~nanashouse~ said...

This CD still to this day brings me through a tear filled bubble bath of healing ~ Mom

Rebekah said...

Jenny, I popped over from The Farm Chicks (love them!) and scrolled down to see some of your older posts- you know, just to see what you're about. :) My mother bought this CD for me when my daughter was born and I would often put it on for her at bedtime. Many a dark night saw me walking the floor of her room, trying to soothe her crying, tears rolling down my face as I listened to those sweet songs of truth and worship. She is now 2 1/2 and now asks for this CD (She calls it her "Jesus Music") every night and at naptimes, too. It fills my heart with such joy to know that she falls asleep each night with the Lord rejoicing over her with singing. So nice to have discovered your blog!