11.02.2009

hope

One of the things I enjoy about the fall is the coziness of spending more time indoors. My journal entries are always plentiful during the colder months.

As I venture out with my kids I love to watch all the leaves fall to the ground. In reality, it would be quite devastating, had I not the hope that life will soon return.

"But it was the Lord’s good plan to crush him
and cause him grief.
Yet when his life is made an offering for sin,
he will have many descendants...for many will be counted righteous."
--Isaiah 53


'Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this:
The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
His mercies never cease."
--Lamentations 3:21-22


6 comments:

Kim said...

Your journal has inspired me to be more creative with my entries. I love your blog.

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Love peaking into your journals!

Cedar Acre Lady said...

I am a lurker who really enjoys your post. God bless you!

ness said...

Thank goodness for hope!

I just read your post on my best nesst blog, now we can be blog buddies:0)

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Hi, Jenny girl, from Guam where America's November began. With lovely weather all year long, I don't have the chill to force me indoors more, but I enjoyed this post. I have a great Mary Engelbreit journal that just gets thicker and "bulgier" by the week. I paste or tape things inside: the tag with the price/wt/date of the turkey breast I bought for my husband's birthday dinner, any greeting card or note I receive, the key to the Maxima that our daughter crashed in March- the same daughter that was only 4 when we bought the car new 21 years ago, St. Louis cardinal ballgame ticket stubs (just saw a darling idea to laminate them, making them sentimental bookmarks), and especially the list I wrote New Years Eve 2008 that was tucked in at January 1, "My Dreams for 2009." Truly God has been good to me this year!

cranny + b said...

Okay, can I just say that I love your journal?! You are so creative!

I too enjoy the "insideness" of the winter months. . .and I am sure there will be plenty of inside days here in rainy Portland! ;-)

Love those verses in Lamentations!