7.21.2011

this makes me sad...


Phil is taking down our playset this afternoon. It makes me so sad. The other night I sorted through a few drawers in the kitchen and noticed I had several sippy cups which we haven't used in over 2 years. I didn't even know they were in there. As I sorted through the drawer, I got all choked up. I'm not just leaving behind friends and a city that I love. It feels like I'm leaving behind something greater--part of my kids' childhood--and it hurts. They were all so small when we moved up here 4 years ago. We had diapers, bottles, sippy cups, high chairs, car seats and training wheels. None of these are coming with us next week.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

tears for you, dear friend...this is such a bittersweet season for you...I can only imagine the ache + grieving process in having to say goodbye to the home you've spent the past sweet baby years in...love you and want you to know that I am praying for you...xo

Cottage Mommy said...

makes me sad too......thinking of you in this crazy time and praying for you!

American Homemaker said...

I am so crazy insanely busy I rarely look at blogs anymore, but I thought I should check in on you and I'm glad I did... I wish I had your email address!

I have been in your shoes (more than once with the house stuff), this spring doing it as a single mom. My thoughts are with you. It's been a while since you posted this... I hope things worked out for you! I'd love an update.

(((hugs)))
angie