2.11.2013

well hello there, february

It may be cold, cold, C-O-L-D outside, but we're enjoying our first February here in Minnesota. The kids love playing in the snow, and this month sure is jam-packed with fun holidays to celebrate. I'm a big fan of Groundhog Day (strange, I know). I woke up on Saturday, February 2, and my Lily met me in the hallway around 7:00 a.m. and said, "Look, Mom! I made a groundhog craft!" Sure enough...she had gone through our craft supplies and made the cutest little groundhog out of brown craft foam and affixed him to a wooden stick. Wow, does she ever take after her mom! The other day she asked me if we could make eclairs. Don't they look yummy? I've always used Susan Branch's Profiterole recipe and I've never been disappointed.



And my crafty little girl painted this painting of the presidents for President's Day
Friends of ours in Medford gave us paper white bulbs to plant as a going away gift. We planted them two days after we arrived here in Minnesota
They certainly have taken root and are blooming well, as we all are here in our new home.

The view from my kitchen window

3 comments:

gramma said...

How exciting to hear all that goes on in the cold.

emyann said...

Lily is so creative! I love that about her :)

Mommy said...

love you so much!