9.05.2011

back to school

Tonight is First-Day-of-School Eve here in our hotel room (more on that later). My kids are going into third grade, first grade and kindergarten. We've homeschooled since day one, but this year all 4 are going to school. We're all so excited; in fact, my husband starts his new job tomorrow, as well! People keep asking me if I'm excited to have time to myself. The answer is no. I'm really going to miss them. But I'm just as excited as they are because I'm excited for them. We've been bustling about doing our Back to School shopping (my first time ever) and it's been so much fun. When I'm through typing, I'm going to pack their little lunches--something I've always dreamed of! When I taught school, I would check out my students' lunches and say to myself, "When I'm a mom, I'm going to pack..."

Now, about the hotel...we don't get the keys to our new home until the middle of next month, but Phil needed to start his job and the kids needed to start school. So instead of renting a house for 1 1/2 months, we're staying in an extended-stay hotel. It was easier than unpacking our belongings and getting utilities and Internet hooked up--not to mention there's a pool, continental breakfast and housekeeping. :) We have a 2 bedroom/1 bathroom suite with a kitchenette.

We're just so, so excited about tomorrow!

3 comments:

~nanashouse~ said...

I think I'm almost as excited as you are. I can't stop thinking about their first day at school. You will have your hands full Mommy with homework, lunch packing and "de-briefing". If anyone asks you what you are doing with all your "free time" send them to me!

~Sue said...

Your house just makes me smile to look at it! Smiling to think of you packing those lunches too. Your housing arrangements don't sound bad :) Once when we moved we lived in two side by side travel trailers in a camp ground for 6 weeks! The kids started school from there!

fawn said...

What home school curriculum do you use?