8.05.2012

saturday

It was so hot today! Maybe the hottest day of the year. It reached a scorching 109 degrees -- the same as Phoenix, AZ. How could this be? I live in the state of Oregon! We spent the day working in the bathrooms, of course. Lily told me this morning that she wanted to make little blackberry salads with nasturtium petals. She went out to the garden to gather her supplies and when I walked into the house shortly after her, this is what was sitting on the kitchen counter. Aren't they lovely? They were super yummy, too!

 I was able to get the downstairs bathroom painted this afternoon. Phil has been working on grouting the tile this evening. And look what he did upstairs...

Our downstairs bathroom had only a shower and no tub. The upstairs bathroom had a tub but no shower. Now we'll have the claw foot tub in the downstairs bathroom and he added a shower to the tub upstairs.


This is what the upstairs bathroom looked like when we first moved in -- minus the green and yellow shag carpet.

5 comments:

gramma said...

Honey-Pie!! Those little salads look great!

emyann said...

Oh my! I love Lily's idea. Did she really pronounce " nasturtium"??

Jenny said...

Yes, Em. :) Have you ever tried them? They have a peppery taste. My kids love them.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I totally love the new tile on your floor!

Farmer said...

Isn't it wonderful to have a handy-husband! He did a great job.
I can imagine how happy you were to get rid of the carpet from the bathroom. We had that in ours too. Where is the logic to putting carpet in a bathroom???