8.23.2008

Early Risers

If you're a mother of young children, most likely you're an early riser. I used to like to get up before my children, but since we've moved to a house with creaky hardwood floors, it's nearly impossible to move about freely in the morning without waking up any of the little ones. I've tried a few times, but each time I do, I wake somebody up and spend my entire quiet time keeping him or her in the bedroom. Now I wake up when my children do, but I feel like I rush to get breakfast on the table. I enjoy being in my kitchen and I love to make special meals for my family, but when I rush through this time, I know it sets a negative tone in our home for the whole morning.

This past week over at The Homespun Heart, Monica posted instructions to create a great recipe book and I made one specifically for breakfast recipes. Waking up before my family, providing a nice breakfast for them and even planning the night before have been on my mind a lot lately. What a blessing it was to read her post based on Proverbs 31:15: "She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls." It's just what I needed!

Click here to see her instructions and to download her cute recipe cards.

9 comments:

Monica Wilkinson said...

Oh, this is soooo cute! I love the fabric you chose and also loved your thoughts on breakfast and rising early! Great job!

Monica

Danielle said...

I came over from Monica's! Just wondering if that was paper or fabric??? The buttons are a great addition! I love it!

Jenny said...

The green check is oilcloth, and the children's print is fabric, both of which I had around the house. The notebook itself I purchased at WalMart in the scrap book aisle. It's from Martha Stewart's collection.

Danielle said...

Thanks;-)

Rebekah said...

Have I told you how much I love this blog?!

Diane said...

Really cute recipe book! My plain black binder could definitely use some work. And as for those squeaky floors, we have them too, but only in certain places. So, I end up looking like I'm playing hopscotch in the kitchen before my daughter wakes up! Thanks for the fun idea :)

American Homemaker said...

I copied you and made one too :)

brooke said...

did you post this just to convict me??? i know you did! :)

Jenny said...

...if the mary jane fits ;)