8.16.2008

Feeling Crafty


My daughters love to color and paint at the kitchen table. We keep art supplies in little containers on a lazy susan. When it's time to color, I just place it in the center of my table.

Recently I've added glue sticks. I had no idea these would be such a hit with my 2 year old daughters. Unfortunately, they haven't quite figured out the purpose of a glue stick. So far they've just smeared purple glue all over their papers with squeals of delight. Look at that huge blob of purple glue...that's gotta be good for something. That's what I call art!


Lest you think I'm a wasteful mother, I'll have you know that Target and Wal-Mart are selling these great purple glue sticks in sets of 2 for only 22 cents! We've stocked up. This will have to be a yearly event in our home.

4 comments:

Wendi said...

Must be a two year old thing because Megan loves to do the same thing! I am loving the back to school sales. ~Wendi

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Love this idea! I need to do something like this for my 3 year old.

Diane said...

I really enjoy a crafty bargain too. My daughter will never be short on craft supplies or books. She can have as many as she will read!

American Homemaker said...

I love your blog! You've got a lot of fun ideas :)